So many thanks for all of our guests over the past 3 years, for being such a great list of role models…
I don’t care what Charles Barkley says
Everyone is a role model to someone… and everyone needs to be that for someone else too… so, I am doing my best to pay it forward with all of you here…
OK enough of the mushy stuff LOL
Dave and I meet a gentleMan today and it was an honor to interview him on the CHWR, and it got me thinking about a statement I have heard a lot… and wondered about it…
and so I have been doing some research on this topic to help The CyberHood Watch Team, develop and create resources, products and services that help parents, adults and leaders to keep all our children safe!
What is a ROLE MODEL?
Definitions of role model on the Web:
- model: someone worthy of imitation; “every child needs a role model”
- The term role model first appeared in Robert K. Merton’s socialization research of medical students. Merton hypothesized that individuals compare themselves with reference groups of people who occupy the social role to which the individual aspires. …
- “Role Model” is the seventeenth episode of the first season of House, which premiered on the FOX network on April 12, 2005. The episode follows Presidential candidate, Senator Gary H. …
- “Role Model” is a rap song by Eminem on the album The Slim Shady LP. The song also appears on ” bonus disc Stan’s Mixtape”. …
- Role Model is the second full-length release by Cex. It was released in 2000. Role Model’s album ID is meow004, meaning it is the fourth release on the Tigerbeat6 label.
- A person who serves as an example, whose behaviour is emulated by others en.wiktionary.org/wiki/role_model
WOW I found some really cool stuff when looking for information on…
Who is a Role Model?
True role models are those who possess the qualities that we would like to have and those who have affected us in a way that makes us want to be better people. To advocate for ourselves and our goals and take leadership on the issues that we believe in. We often don’t recognize our true role models until we have noticed our own personal growth and progress… I think that I serve as a temporary role model to my younger sister but she just doesn’t want to admit it yet. Herminia
I think mentors should be role models, BUT a role model who hasn’t forgotten where s/he came from, how s/he got to where s/he is now and always looking back to see if s/he can help those that came from the very same place. Jeanette – read more
Learn IT, DO IT, Teach IT, Share IT, BE IT
Your CyberHood Watch Partner
Radio Security Journalist
p.s. The CyberHood Watch Partners promise to do everything we can to research, develop, discuss, protect and promote ideas, people, services, companies and products that serve you the best!
and continue daily to be good role models to all of our followers, listeners and supporters in the CyberHood!